www.Hedgedequity.com, is a proprietary research entity that develops sophisticated 'model' portfolio strategies for the global investment community. We specialize in low volatility, alpha seeking equities, ETFs and futures strategies that are non-correlated to the traditional equity and bond indices. What sets up apart is that all our employees and research contributors are members of the CFA institute and/or are CFA/CAIA charter-holders. Therefore, we adhere to and are held to highest ethical standards in the industry.
In terms of philosophy, our fundamental belief is centered around the fact that markets are inherently inefficient and often create pockets of opportunities for astute investors. We challenge conventional wisdom but follow common sense. We respect market forces but try to circumvent herd mentality.OUR TEAM
The core to our Equities investment philosophy is that –
- Earnings can be manipulated and that operating cash flow and sales growth are key to analyzing any security.
- We believe that it is not possible to value securities with negative yields or with a negative opportunity cost of capital. That’s beyond our intellect.
- EV/Operating cash flow is a better measure of valuation than P/E or forward P/E.
- We also believe that it is foolish to chase yields by investing in weak companies.Eventually security prices will align and when they do, capital losses will far exceed any prior differential yield gains.
- Past security price volatility cannot predict future volatility or beta in securities - contrary to how it is broadly computed today.
- We never make a judgement call on market direction. We believe that it is difficult to do so consistently for a long time. We take educated guesses and overlay it with systematic probability. The best decisions are always in hindsight. Therefore, our strategies seek absolute return with beta neutral and non-correlated exposure to the overall market.
Our managed futures and futures based strategies and holdings are driven by deep macroeconomic analysis with technical overlay. On Macro-economic front, we believe that -
- Fiscal policies are more influential than monetary policies in terms of affecting investing behavior and yielding longer term growth (and savings/ investment) related decisions. Fiscal policies also generally yield more stable job growth with stronger real incomes.
- We disagree in the theory that Fed can induce real growth with its expansive monetary policies. In the short term perhaps but longer term, we believe (to the contrary) that easy capital or free capital inevitably increases excess capacity, driving down profitability for everyone and denting capitalism to its core.
- In today's global economy with little to no resource barriers, global access to labor markets and with open information on prices facilitated by technology and internet, competitive prices on goods and services will be driven down to where marginal cost equals marginal profit thereby putting a lid on cost based inflation – in case central bankers are perplexed why so much money printing is not resulting in a proportionate increase in prices. Continuous innovation will remain to be the only engine of true growth for companies and economies globally.
Below is the list of our team members and research contributors.
GD Singh (CEO/CIO)
CFA Institute member, Chartered Alternative Investment AnalystLearn More
Scott Ta.... CFA
Previously, Scott was a Manager in Ralph Lauren’s Corporate Business Development team, focusing on evaluating new business opportunities, peer and industry analysis, and license buybacks. Scott also worked with at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in the Transaction Services, Valuation Advisory group where he advised corporate clients and private equity firms on complex valuation matters arising from mergers and acquisitions, private placements, IPOs, and divestitures. Scott graduated from The College of New Jersey with a B.S. in Finance and minor in Economics and is a CFA Charterholder.Learn More
Nadia Noo.... CFA
Nadia has nearly 7 years experience in Equity Research, Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling and Corporate Finance. Her expertise is in doing financial statement analysis, building financial models, writing reports, valuing companies using DCF, NAV, SOTP and relative valuation techniques. She is a CFA charterholder.Learn More
Ed Shel... CFA
Ed grew up in Melbourne, Australia and developed a passion for investing while studying for a Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Melbourne. His interests include both small-cap and dividend growth strategies. Ed is a CFA charterholder.Learn More
Alan Lam..... (Passed CFA level III)
Alan has worked in management consultancy at Bain & Co and in Hedge Funds and Private Equity in Brazil. He holds a degree in Economics from the University of São Paulo, and an MSc in Quantitative Finance from the Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam. Alan has passed all 3 exams of the CFA and is awaiting his charter.Learn More
Julius Rey..... (Passed CFA level III)
Oxford graduate, with 7+ years of experience in Financial, macroeconomic and political analysis. CFA level III candidate.Learn More
Guru Naveen Bolis..... CFA
Naveen Bolisetti is quantitative investment research professional with a blended skill-set of investment research, quantitative analysis and systems engineering. Naveen has been in the investment industry for the past six years. Naveen previously worked as a Senior Quantitative Analyst with the Quantitative Research Group at Franklin Templeton Investments for three years. He was also a Quantitative Analyst with Bank of America Merrill Lynch for three years. Naveen holds a Masters in Financial Engineering and Bachelors in Technology in Electrical Engineering. He is Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder.Learn More